About Aloe Vera Finca Canarias
Aloe Vera Finca Canarias is a small family business. We have been dedicated to the ecological cultivation for two generations. Our plantations are located in Gran Canaria and Fuerteventura. The variety that we grow is known as Aloe Barbadensis Miller, commonly referred to as “Aloe Vera”.
At our plantation we offer a guided tour, so you will be able to feel and touch the plants. We have got around 30,000 adult plants, all them between 10 and 30 years old.
100% ECOLOGICAL PLANTATION
Our plantation has always been ecological. All our collect processes, the cleaning and maintenance of the plants are made by hand. Also the packaging and the recycling processes are environmentally friendly.
No pesticides or chemical products are used at our plantation. We have tried to keep using the guidelines that our grandparents used to follow. The process that they followed was always natural. This was the key to get high quality products. They used no chemicals that could damage our health.
ALL THE PROCESSES CARRIED ON IN JUST ONE PLACE
At our plantation you can find a laboratory, where the good condition of every single leave is controlled. It is also the place where our cosmetic line is produced.
But you will also find our factory, where the Aloe Vera is produced and where the bottling and packing is made.
We have decided to make all the processes in just one place. This way we can guarantee an optimal quality. We should not forget that we work with 100 % natural products that come from the nature. Once we remove them from the nature, the leaves can oxidize soon.
In Aloe Vera Finca Canarias we want to make a difference. We want to give our clients the opportunity to have pure Aloe Vera. And we make it the same way our ancestors did. Our main goal: to offer products with the same quality as the fresh Aloe Vera leave freshly cut, 99,38% pure Aloe Barbadensis MILLER.
Every month we collect around 5,000 fresh Aloe Vera leaves. From each plant we extract just four or five leaves a year. This way, we guarantee the healthy and optimal quality of every single plant and we ensure an stable cultivation.
Produktion in 6 STEPS
- Every week we collect fresh leaves by hand.
- We wash every leave by hand with water and food lay so that all the external impurities disappear.
- We make one cut on the base and on the peak (always with ceramic and plastic objects. Metals can oxidize the plant). After that, we immerse the leave under water for eight hours to eliminate the aloin from the leave.
- Then, we extract the pulp by hand with a plastic spatula. After this process, there is only five per cent of aloin kept in it.
- We collect all the pulp from the inside and we press it in cold. This way, all the properties from the plant are kept in. Then we add Vitamins C and E (extracted from the lemon). They will act as natural preservatives and, now it is ready to bottle!
- All our products have natural preservatives. That is the reason why they can last up to one year. Once opened, they should be stored in a cold place (for example, in the fridge)We collect the leaves from our plantation every week so that we only produce the necessary quantity to meet our current demand. This way, we always offer fresh products and we ensure an stable production at our factory. All our processes are environmentally friendly. At our small family business we always prefer quality instead of quantity.
We collect the leaves from our plantation every week so that we only produce the necessary quantity to meet our current demand. This way, we always offer fresh products and we ensure an stable production at our factory. All our processes are environmentally friendly. At our small family business we always prefer quality instead of quantity.
RESULT: THE BEST ALOE VERA IN THE WORLD
Thanks to the temperatures in the Canary Islands, its proximity to the sea and its volcanic soil, this place is considered a paradise for the cultivation of Aloe Vera. And that is why in our islands is produced the highest quality Aloe Vera in the world. However, the quality of the Aloe Vera depends on the processes that are carried out in every plantation.
The Aloe Vera collected at Aloe Vera Finca Canarias shows 23,38% of Acemannan. This means, that it triples the content of this substance if we compare it to another Aloe Vera plants that are grown in other places. That is the reason why we have been selected to collaborate with the Doctor Negrín Hospital and also we have been chosen to sponsor the Ruta Quetzal (Ruta Quetzal BBVA is an "initiatory,” “enlightened" and “scientific” program in which culture and adventure come together). The Doctor Negrín Hospital is one of the biggest hospitals in the Canary Islands, as well as the most prepared, technologically speaking.